Do I need to submit English proficiency test (TOEFl/IELTS/PTE) scores?

The English proficiency requirements for admission to the University are here.

Do I need to submit official transcripts with my application?

The Graduate School's transcript requirements are described here

Upon admission by the Graduate School, a hard copy of the official transcripts and attested copies of degree certificates coming directly from the applicant’s respective institutions (in a sealed envelope), will be required for enrollment.

Must I have contacted Chemical Physics faculty members before I apply?

No, you are not required to have spoken to our faculty before applying to the Chemical Physics program. However, you are welcome to directly contact any of our faculty with whom you would like to discuss research. Chemical Physics faculty members are listed here.

What funding is offered for admitted students?

We provide financial aid in the form of Teaching Assistantships (TA) to all entering graduate students. Funding also includes tuition remission and health insurance benefits. Outstanding students are automatically considered for University wide fellowships. In addition, individual faculty may offer Research Assistantships (RA) to exceptionally qualified students. It is expected that all students will be RAs after they choose their advisors.

Am I eligible for an application fee waiver? How do I request it?

The University of Maryland Graduate School waives application fees to eligible students in participating programs.